Current opening hours of the Library:
Monday - Friday: 9:00 - 19:00
Saturday and Sunday closed
Our library staff is available for support and advice 09:00 - 15:00.
After 15:00, security supervise the library building.
During these hours, our services are limited.
Please read the rest of the website for more detailed information.
You need to follow certain protective measures to comply with requirements regarding hygiene, access control and avoiding queues in the context of the coronavirus pandemic:
- If you want to access the
University Library solely to borrow or return items, you do
not need to register any more.
If you want to access the
University Library to study, however, you do
need to register (indicating your name and phone number) in the entry area to get a visitor card in line with section 6 of the regulations on the protection against further spread of the coronavirus (CoronaSchVO) (in German only).
- A maximum of 20 people at a time are allowed to access the University Library to borrow or return items. An additional maximum of 60 people at a time are allowed to access the University Library to study. By giving out library baskets, we make sure that the maximum number of people allowed inside is never exceeded.
- Wearing a
mask or similar to cover nose and mouth is compulsory when you enter the library building.
If you access the University Library to study, you may take off your mask once you have taken your seat.
- Please stick to the
one-way paths inside the library to keep entrance and exit separate. Please also keep the minimum
distance to others and avoid queuing.
- The University Library provides disinfectant for you to disinfect your workstation.
Things you can do in the University Library
- You can stay in the library for as long as you wish to study within the opening hours.
- You can borrow and return items at the self-service stations.
Please note our renewal policis
- You can pick up items you reserved and use the self-service stations to borrow them.
- You can pick up items ordered via the interlibrary loan at the service desk from 9 to 15 o'clock.
- You can study and work in the designated individual workstations. You need to keep the minimum distance of 1.5 m to others at all times.
You can use our printers, photocopiers and scanners – without any technical support, though. Only one person at a time is allowed in the copy room.
Things you cannot do in the University Library
- You cannot work in groups.
- You cannot access any group study rooms. Further group study rooms are available in building 9.
- After 15:00, you cannot use our information services, create or deactivate a library account, pick up neither items ordered via the interlibrary loan nor items ordered by HSD staff members, pay fines, report lost or damaged items.