HSD-members need a
3G certificate to use
the University Library.
Other access conditions apply for external persons or guests.
Verification of the required 3G certificate takes place:
Monday to Friday from 7:30 to 17:00 in building 7
Monday to Friday, 9.00 to 19.00
(Saturday and Sunday closed)
Until 15:00 our library staff is available for support and
after 15:00 security supervise the library building.
15:00 you cannot create or deactivate a library account and pick up items ordered via the interlibrary loan.
In addition, the University Library will be closed from Friday, Dec. 24, 2021 through Sunday, Jan. 2, 2022. As of Monday, January 3, 2022, we will be open again for you at the above-mentioned times
You need to follow certain protective measures to comply with requirements regarding hygiene, access control and avoiding queues in the context of the coronavirus pandemic:
- A total of
97 people are allowed to enter the University library.
A maximum of 30 people at a time are allowed to access the University Library to search for literature, borrow items via the self-checkout stations and create a library account. By giving out library baskets, we make sure that the maximum number of people allowed inside is never exceeded.
Entry requirement for this is:
HSD members need a valid BIB card and a
External persons or guests need a valid BIB card and a
- A maximum of 67 people at a time are allowed to access the University Library for learning and working. By giving out red cards, we make sure that the maximum number of people allowed inside is never exceeded.
Entry requirement for this is:
HSD members need a valid BIB card, student ID and a 3G certificate.
External persons or guests need a valid BIB card and a 2G certificate.
- Renewals of BIB cards that are no longer valid and new registrations can be made Monday through Friday between 9.00 to 15.00 at the service desk on the first floor of the University Library.
- Please always wear a op mask or FFP2 mask when you enter the library building, also by using the workplaces.
- Please stick to the
one-way paths inside the library to keep entrance and exit separate. Please also keep the minimum
distance to others and avoid queuing.
Things you can do and you cannot do
Things you can do in the University Library
- Learning and working at 67 workplaces.
- You can borrow media at the self-service stations.
- You can pick up items you reserved and use the self-service stations to borrow them.
- Yout can pick up items you ordered by interlibrary loan (books and articles) at the service desk (Mo - Fr, 9.00 to 15.00).
- You can return items in the entrance area via the return station and via self-service stations on the first floor.
- You can use the scanner on the basement.
- The information desk is staffed on site (Mon - Thurs 9.00 to 15.00, Fri 9.00 to 14.00).
- We kindly ask you to
transfer fee payments.
- Please report media loss or damage by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things you cannot do in the University Library
- Printing and copying is no longer possible.
- You cannot work in groups or access any group study rooms.