Due to the new Corona Protection Ordinance, as of Wednesday, 16.12.2020, only HSD members have access to the library (students and staff).
In addition, from now on only the lending of media for examination-relevant and deadline-related examination performances is permitted. These can be borrowed via the self-checkout stations.
From Monday, 4.1.2021 the BIB opens:
Monday to Friday from 10.00 - 14.00.
Saturday and Sunday closed
You need to follow certain protective measures to comply with requirements regarding hygiene, access control and avoiding queues in the context of the coronavirus pandemic:
- Only HSD members have access to the BIB. Students must present their BIB card and student ID.
- Only the lending of media for examination-relevant and deadline-related examination performances is permitted. These can be borrowed via the self-checkout stations.
- If you want to access the
University Library, you do
need to register (indicating your name and phone number) in the entry area.
- A maximum of 10 people at a time are allowed to access the University Library to borrow or return items. By giving out library baskets, we make sure that the maximum number of people allowed inside is never exceeded.
- Wearing a
mask or similar to cover nose and mouth is compulsory when you enter the library building.
- Please stick to the
one-way paths inside the library to keep entrance and exit separate. Please also keep the minimum
distance to others and avoid queuing.
Things you can do and you cannot do
Things you can do in the University Library
- You can stay in the library for as long as you wish to study within the opening hours.
- You can borrow media for examination-relevant and deadline-related examination performances at the self-service stations.
Please note our renewal policis
- You can return items in the entrance area via the return station.
- You can pick up items you reserved and use the self-service stations to borrow them.
- Registration is open to first semester students only.
- We kindly ask you to transfer fee payments.
- Please report media loss or damage by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ordered interlibrary loans can be picked up by HSD members at the service desk.
Things you cannot do in the University Library
- Learning and working in the library is no longer allowed. All workstations are locked.
- Printing, copying and scanning is no longer possible.
- You cannot work in groups or access any group study rooms.